Friday, January 27, 2012

Wrap it Up!

By the way:

Before I go to bed, I thought I would show you what I did tonight.  Here is the food I prepped for the next few days.

While I was making the salad tonight, I went ahead and tore up the rest of the head of lettuce, so we would have it ready. Also, I shredded up about 3 cups worth of carrots, and I diced up some more cucumber: 2 cups there.  I roasted my squashes; an acorn squash cubed, salt and peppered, and coriandered :)  and a spaghetti squash spaghettied.  (Now I know how Shakespeare felt making up words.)


While I was waiting for my squash to roast, I picked through all the guts and took the seeds from inside them.  Here you see them drying of paper towels. Tomorrow night I will mix them up, put them on new paper towels and let them sit again.  The secret to keeping seeds is to leave them out long enough to properly dry. If there is any moisture left, they will mold, therefore ruing the seeds.


G'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment