Monday, January 23, 2012

Experimental Monday


For supper tonight, I made Lemon-Thyme Couscous, Taco Style Meatballs, and H made a vegetable casserole. 

The couscous had the juice of 2 lemons, sprinkles of thyme and black pepper 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1.5 cups of water brought to a boil. Added the couscous, stirred it, and took it off the eye. We left it there until we were ready to eat. Had 1 cup.

The meatballs were 1.25 pounds of ground turkey meat, 1 package of taco seasoning and 1 egg. I used a mixer to combine it, but you could use your hands. I measured out the meatballs into 1 tbsp each. Divided the total calories for each ingredient (600- meat, 150 seasoning, and 70-egg) by the amounth of meatballs (35!). Got 24 calories per meatball. A little sour cream and salsa to dip with them (95 cals, only ate about 3/4 of it, 70 calories) . Had 8 meatballs. 192 calories

H's casserole is a little hard to measure. I am going to have a half cup and call it 100 calories. He used some panko, Daiya, and 3 eggs and some milk to add to the filling.  He does not exactly use a recipe when cooking, and when I asked him, there was no telling the amounts of everything he put in. So, a guesstimate is the best I can do. I took out most of the sauce that was cooked in it.



562 calories for supper

Snack: 7 almonds: 43 calories
So, my calories for the day

Breakfast: 185 calories
Lunch:500 cal
Snack: 43 cal
Dinner: 562 cal

1292 calories for the day!!! Going to exercise with H, so I will probably have a dessert later... Oranges or "Pumpkin Pie"?  Hard to tell... will let you know once it happens :) 

By the way, This is what was going on while I was cooking.
Lazy bums!!!!  :)   Laterzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment